Monday, February 25, 2019

A Private Garden

A Private Garden
Here are a few photos of a private garden that I designed and “constructed” in Illinois. It is one of many gardens I have helped to create both in the US and abroad.  It is a hobby and I love doing it for the many friends who like a nice reflective space at their homes.
Originally when I arrived to help redo the yard, it consisted of a very large above ground swimming pool that covered most of the yard space and lots of straggly bushed and very old large trees.  The pool was removed, also most of the decking.  Then things were cleared out.  With the large old trees – pre-civil war plantings, the “bones” of the garden were looking good. Five dump truck loads of soil were brought in to fill in the partial hole from the pool, re-contour the yard for berms and a walkway.






After many days of that work, finally plants and bushes were positioned to bring the new design to life.  Looks pretty good I will say!






Some of the plants used were from the hybridized collection that I created at the Gardens at Waters East.


Now there is a nice simple secluded reflective area, easily viewed from the home and from walking the trails discovering so many new and interesting plants.  It looks so different from what was originally there – love it!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a huge improvement.A garden is so refreshing to walk through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful garden! I love the curving pathway, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference. A place of serenity and beauty.

    ReplyDelete