Friday, September 22, 2017

Watershed #30 -- Green Bay Botanical Garden

The series titled “Watershed” – is a series with postings about the areas close to Gardens at Waters East, but not from my personal garden.  Gardens at Waters East is part of a large watershed that feeds Lake Michigan.  Lots of information on this “life giving” resource on a number of past “Watershed” posting.  Check them out.  A watershed photo is at the end of this posting.



The Green Bay Botanical Garden is a gem.  For a small town like Green Bay (population of about 200,000 in the city) this is a wonderful place to visit.  You would expect to see something this good in larger cities – like Chicago, Milwaukee, New York etc. etc. and there you do.  But this is such a special part of the city of Green Bay, and it is done very well.  Worth a visit.  I have posted only a few of the photos I took this past weekend just to give you an idea of the gardens – really very nice!  If you are in the area – do visit.







 Interesting stone structure.


 One of the woodland trails.

 Part of the Children's Garden

Caster Bean


Hope you enjoyed the short visit!

2 comments:

  1. This garden looks like my kind of place.Beautiful scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is beautiful! I've never been, even though I grew up nearby and my parents used to live in DePere. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete