Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Flowers of - - 911


The Flowers of 911

Most everyone can remember exactly where they were when they first heard that the World Trade Center was being attacked.  911 is deeply rooted in our minds.  It carries so many emotions, from A to Z and beyond.  It was exactly ten years ago today September 11, 2001, that I was moving into Gardens at Waters East.  Shortly after 9:30 AM that morning, I got a call to turn on the TV.  I said I was way too busy with the movers, my friend insisted that I stop and turn on the TV.  I did.  And like so many others, my world has never been the same since that moment.

Today, ten years latter I went out to spend time alone in the gardens.  Back then in 2001, there was nothing here, no gardens just empty farm fields.  As a way to celebrate and honor the lives of all those lost that day, of all that has come to life since then, Gardens at Waters East took many photos today of life and of beauty.  The world continues, good does happen, even on days of remembering indescribable tragedy, beauty can be seen, resilience is who we are.  In that spirit of life I now post a few of the many pictures taken today.  A garden that was only a thought in my mind ten years ago, is now a place of beauty for heart, mind, and soul.

I share this with you as a way to move on, look to tomorrow, but never forget.
Today no more words are needed.
The flowers speak and comfort – listen.


































If you wish to email a message or share photos of your garden please do that through this Blog site or with an email to:


2 comments:

  1. When you write about your memories of the 911 I do remember my memories of that day. Even if we live far from the United States, I remember that all of us were shocked that it happened and felt your sorrow and pain. I had already seen the terrible images on television when a friend of my called and said, "turn on the TV, turn on the TV."
    We saw it all happen over and over again but had difficulty to understanding.

    Today I have posted some seeds from perennial plants in our garden here in northern Sweden. Hope it didn´t take so many days before the letter reaches you. / Hans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE FLAGS SWAYING IN WIND WHAT GREAT IDEA THANKS. ADDS COLOUR TOO LIKE TIBET PRAYER FLAGS

    HUGS
    CHARLES

    ReplyDelete