Saturday, June 21, 2014

MOON SHOTS

Here is a look at a number of photos taken of the moon as it appears over the Gardens at Waters East.  It is getting dark, the pictures are not the best, but the mood of the rising moon over Lake Michigan and the “feel” in the gardens is great.

All photos were taken in the gardens over a period of different days except for the last one.  It was taken by a friend standing just north of the gardens with a much better camera – nice.
Enjoy

 along Middle Walk

 in the Formal Garden

 view toward South Ravine

 in the Locust & Hosta Garden

 in the Asian Patio Garden

 along Lily Path

 reflecting off Lake Michigan

 seen through the Portal Sculpture
portals from the ship
Straits of Mackinac

 along Lake Path

 in the Rock Garden


 Ship Ribs - form the 1850s

NOTE:   Since this Blog is meant to be an accurate journal of the gardens;
no photos are “staged”, “arranged”, or ”photo-shopped” in anyway.
What is posted – is what it here.  It is what it is.


A friend's photo
taken just north of Gardens at Waters East

If you wish to email a message or share photos of your garden
please do that through this Blog site or with an email to:



Reference Note:  For a complete list of the ten (10) Principles of Design plus the special “Golden Principle of Design” used throughout Gardens at Waters East, check out the archive postings for November 14 – 24, 2010 and May 2, 2011.


14 comments:

  1. Lovely! sea ​​landscape with the moon is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are great.It really has a special feel to see the gardens in the moonlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely garden - and if the weather were better here I should also have taken some photos last night. The famous (Or is it infamous!? Swedish Midsommarnight!
    LOVE
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots! The garden does feel different at night, a bit more secretive. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden. Night shots are fantastic.
    I am delighted with them.
    Greetings from Poland.
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colorful garden with the lake in the background is breathtaking! The moonshots are lovely! I have not learned how to do that yet with my camera, but so often I kick myself for my laziness.

    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and taking time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful!! Breathtaking with the lake behind the settings. That moon shot sure did come out nicely. I also adore all those alliums or chives in the formal garden. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, nice to see your garden, and nice to see it at night! I do like your friends’ photo of the moon though, I bet he has an enviable camera! Do you know what camera/lens the photo is taken with – just so I can drool over what I probably never will be able to afford? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very romantic shots of the garden by moonlight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is your formal garden filled with armeria? It looks like Armeria maritima, what a great dispaly!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful moonshots! Even at night your garden is beautiful! When my kids were younger, we often vacationed in Michigan and Wisconsin, and my favorite part was time we spent along the lake. What a beautiful place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Waterfront gardens are just beautiful. I love taking pictures in the evening also and do it often. Gives the flowers a pretty glow in the moon light. I love all the elements you have added in the gardens and that ship ribs is such a great find to add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely shots, I've never considered photographing the garden at night. Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous views! I love how the moon reflects off the water!

    ReplyDelete