Monday, February 7, 2022

First Robin

Saw my first robin this afternoon.  I know that there are a few that stay here in Wisconsin all year, but that is unusual, most fly South for the winter months.  So, when a person sees one early in Spring – the saying is that Spring is coming soon.  Hope that is true!



 I took my daily hike today.

Walking this afternoon 2.6 miles with a temperature of 24 F. that is -4.44 C.

 

Here are a couple of photos from today, plus bonus photos of the snow and ice two days ago.  That is more like winter here!!!




 
Ice on Lake Mendota





  

8 comments:

  1. That firstRobin is always extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ever since being a kid, seeing the first Robin was special. This year I saw the Robin a whole seven weeks earlier than last year. Is something happening to the weather?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos of your first Robin and the snowy landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I saw my first Robin on March 26th. Wow a whole seven weeks later than this year.

      Delete
  3. That is exciting. I know there are always robins in a few open water areas around Madison, although as you say, most of them migrate south for the winter. There's a spot at the Arboretum that usually has robins, even on the coldest of days. It's exciting when they start coming back in large numbers in March and April. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information on the Arboretum, I'll have to check that out when I need more robins. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I love your photos of robin, Jack. It's sign that spring will soon come. The photos of ice are amazing I didn't understand what people do with shovels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are even more robins today. Yes spring is coming! The people were shoveling off the ice on the lake so that they could make a hockey rink. It is a great winter sport that lots of people enjoy. Something to do in the cold of winter.

      Delete