Monday, September 26, 2022

Day Lilies 2022. #3

This year as in years past, the daylilies at the Gardens at Waters East are blooming like crazy!  Over the years I have hybridized so many, now have more than 550 plus different day lily creations.  I keep promising myself to stop this obsession but to no avail!. When they are in full bloom as they are in July and August, I see possibilities to create a new plant with a different bloom, so I hybridize even more. I am thankful that some of my friends have taken many back to their own homes.  The problem is – that gives me more open soil space to hybridize and plant even more new creations!

 

Enjoy this blog posting of some of this year’s blooms.  This is the third and last posting for day lilies this year.

 

ENJOY

 



Rib from an old sailing ship of the 1800s,

found here on the beach.












 

 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I never know what I will get when I am hybridizing the plants.

      Delete
  2. Amazing - and so are the over 500. The way time flies, it doesn't even seem that you started 20 or so years ago. Incredible additions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the time does fly by. It has been twenty-two years!

      Delete