Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Spring is Happening

 Spring is happening!

This week many of the birds have been returning to spend the summer here and others are just passing through on their way further north.  Nice to know they are once again in the area. There have been Robins, Redwing Blackbirds, Crows, Eagles, Sandhill Cranes, Chickadees, Doves, Common Blackbirds, Cardinals, Meadow Larks, Purple Finch and others.

 

Here are a couple of photos of some of them.

 




 

A sampling of a sunrise on one of the early Spring days.

Every morning is a “show” here at the shore.

 




Interesting, one day this past week March 13, 2024,

I walked out into the garden and to my surprise there was a raccoon sleeping up in a tree!

I think I woke him up.

 


 





Enjoy your days this time of year as we all get back into our gardens.

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Replies

    1. As I have told you in the past, I am always impressed that someone as good in photography as you are, tells me that my photos are beautiful and good. That is a supreme compliment for me. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. That red bird we can not see here in Finland. Sun is shining beautifully way in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bird is a Robin - - our state bird here. Always a sign of Spring arriving when he comes back into the area. I just watched a news program that said Finland is the happiest place on earth - congratulations !!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sunrise and spring photos! It seems like spring has been here from late February until now...one more snowstorm before spring really kicks in (here S. Wisconsin, anyway)? I hope it's the last snow we'll see this season. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a "Happy Camper'" waking up this morning and seeing more snow. Not that much here along the lake in the gardens (about one inch) but that is enough for me! You probably have plenty of Spring flowers breaking the ground down your way, here a few - makes me not too happy to see more snow. Enough Already!

      Delete
  4. Bonitas fotografías, los amaneceres son espectaculares. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since I was a small child I loved the sound "song" of these birds. It always sounded so sad.

      Delete
  5. Wow what a sunrise! Wonderful photos Jack. I hate snow in spring as well. Love your birds, they call for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Nadezda, the birds should be a good sign of Spring. Today lots of rain and I hope it does not turn to snow later! Glad you were able to visit the gardens and I agree, the many different sunrises I post over the year, are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete