Monday, April 18, 2022

Walking the trails - #2 Autumn

These photos are from one of my final autumn walks.  Leaves are turning colors and many have already fallen to the ground.  This will be the look for a couple of months as we move through the winter, some days with snow, many without in this area of the state - this winter.

Let us begin our hike together.

I have collected so many photos this summer and autumn

that I will give you an “overload” of shots this posting.

 

Do enjoy

 


Geese and Coots



Notice the woodpecker holes on the tree.


My favorite tree found on hikes in

Lakeshore Nature Preserve.


Seeds - to give us new life next Spring





Soon this creek will freeze.




Wisconsin State Capitol as seen from Picnic Point
If you look closely you can see a group of white Tundra Swans.

This photo tells us that Winter is here:
clouded grey skies,
leafless tree,
feels cold to me.




14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Jack.
    I heartily congratulate you on Easter. May these days bring peace and joy to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much! Not only for me but for all the places on Earth that need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even without leaves on the trees there is still so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, I agree. The bare branches and the trunks "dance" against the sky. The forms they make are like Modern Art. Great.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the beautiful photos. I liked your second photo very much. Autumn leaves are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we have so. many shades of yellow and red. It is beautiful in the Autumn in Wisconsin

      Delete
  5. Such lovely photos :) I really cherish autumn hikes - the colours of nature are stunning.
    Thank you for your comment on my blogpost - I will pop in here once in a while :)

    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonitas imágenes del otoño.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you. So many places here which are great for photos.

      Delete