Sunday, December 11, 2022

IN YOUR FACE !!!

Me, me, me.  Look at me.  No, look at me.  Better yet, skip all those and look at me!  Walking through the Gardens at Waters East, one almost hears this constant refrain.  Every plant wants attention.  Every bloom is screaming – “I’m so beautiful just look at me!”  In many cases they are right.  Take a look at some of the beauties basking in the sun and calling to be the center of your attention. Checkout the detail of some of the garden residents.

 

All of these “portraits” were taken here in the gardens.  Self-centered though they may be, the flowers do make you stop and stare.  They seem to be doing “their thing” just for you.  So why not indulge them for a few moments while walking the paths.

 

Here then are photos for this posting

Lots of blooms in this posting!!!

 

pause a moment - - - really slow down and pause a moment

see the detail

even if you only pick one or two of the photos - pause a moment.


(If you are like me - I race through the garden so many days

doing the work needs to be done

without pausing 

even a short while

to look in detail at the marvel of the blooms.)

 

Enjoy

 

Yarrow - pink


Geranium - Splash Splash


Spiderwort - Tradescantias


Sambuscus - Black Lace


Sedum - Dragon's Blood


Mallow - pink


Hibiscus 


Globe thistle


Poppy - Flemish


Daylily - hybridized at Gardens at Waters East


Purple Cone Flower


False Sun Flower


Balloon Flower

  

9 comments:

  1. Yes, so true! They all call for our attention. And, speaking for myself, I too often take them for granted during the peak of bloom time, while now in winter I miss them terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look so beautiful in variety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots and lots of different plant here in the gardens. I am fortunate.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Teresa, thanks for the compliment. The flowers give you a hug.

      Delete
  4. Una maravilla para la vista esta sucesión de imágenes florales. Bonitas fotos.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus, Glad you liked. I always respect your thoughts on the garden here.

      Delete
  5. They are all very pretty! They shout out in my garden too :)

    ReplyDelete