Monday, February 20, 2023

IN YOUR FACE !!!

Me, me, me.  Look at me.  No, look at me.  Better yet, skip all those and look at me!  Walking through the Gardens at Waters East, one almost hears this constant refrain.  Every plant wants attention.  Every bloom is screaming – “I’m so beautiful just look at me!”  In many cases they are right.  Take a look at some of the beauties basking in the sun and calling to be the center of your attention. Checkout the detail of some of the garden residents.

 

All of these “portraits” were taken here in the gardens.  Self-centered though they may be, the flowers do make you stop and stare.  They seem to be doing “their thing” just for you.  So why not indulge them for a few moments while walking the paths.

 

Posted today is a close-up and then a more general view of the plant, putting each flower into a context.

 

Here then are photos for this posting

pause a moment - - - really slow down and pause a moment

see the detail

even if you only pick one or two of the photos - pause a moment

 

Enjoy

 

Anemone




False Sunflower

Heliopsis




Missouri Primrose




Crocus



Tulip










 

 

20 comments:

  1. ehhh did you change this post? Did i read it before, because yes i love flowers that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a different posting. I use the same heading when I post close-up photos like these.

      Delete
  2. Very nice! The anemone is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is beautiful but I must confess that I often walk by and forget to stop and admire it. Shame on me!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Love the red, but I have to protect all the tulips because the deer eat them!

      Delete
  4. Each flower is a poem, but the tulips and crocuses do not bloom with the anemone ?

    We have a lot of snowdrops in the garden at the moment and the crocuses are starting to blossom.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your garden is way ahead of mine. Nothing even coming our to the ground yet!

      Delete
  5. Una belleza de imágenes florales, esos tulipanes rojos son muy atractivos.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems everyone likes the tulips! The problem here is that the deer like them too so I have to protect them.

      Delete
  6. I have tried to grow Anemone to no avail. Yours are beautiful. Your Missouri Primrose is very close to the Gumbo Lilies we had growing up. Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed seeing the flowers that were posted. I try!

      Delete
  7. Good advice to pause a moment. They are all beautiful! Before we know it, spring will arrive...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, it all takes work but comments like yours makes it all worth it! Thanks much.

      Delete
  9. Donde hay belleza, hay que admirarla. Gracias.

    ReplyDelete