Friday, March 10, 2023

Want a "Quickie" ? Today

 (All “Quickies” are photos taken and posted the same day)

 

These photos were taken this morning about 8:30 AM in the Gardens at Waters East. - - 3.10.23.  I was hoping that by this time of the year we would have had enough of the snow – I was wrong!  Still snowing as I type this posting - - humm!

 


When I looked out the windows it was obvious - - the snow and cold are still here. Though I would like it to be gone, I will admit it really is beautiful especially when it is “fresh fallen” as is the case this morning.

 

Patio birdhouse



Whitespire birch


snow sculpture of the bushes



 

One learns not to hate the snow, but to embrace it as beauty.  That makes it easier to handle in my brain.


Magnolia


Sun - while snowing


seedpods


interesting - snow on one of the patio pots


fencing


birdhouse for the smallest of our feathered friends


View looking South


The vines look like a sculpture.



 

 

Enjoy a few more photos from this morning.




 After enjoying the snow

I headed back indoors to enjoy what is blooming in the house.


Geranium



Hibiscus - Hawaiian 

 



 

20 comments:

  1. Pretty snow in your garden. The nature makes beautiful pattern. I hope you will visit my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the patterns are works of art! I do et to your blog once every two weeks. Nice!

      Delete
  2. I love snow :) but agree that sometimes it is hard to appreciate. So spring will be late? When does it usually arrive? like when do the first flowers bloom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that by the end of March I will know that Spring is coming. The sun is already higher in the sky and more intense. The first of the many Spring flowers blooms in April.

      Delete
  3. Yes, we got 6+ inches last night, which has melted down to about 3. Meh. Thanks for the colorful Geranium and Hibiscus photos at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to post the Hibiscus - need something to remind me that one day the snow will be gone and the plants I brought indoors can again go outside.

      Delete
  4. Bonitas imágenes de la nieve y muy bellas las flores finales.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow forms sculptures as it builds up on the many different surfaces in the gardens. I like that look!

      Delete
  5. Snow, birdhouse and flowers. All in one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is me! Lots to see year round here at Gardens at Waters East. My hobby that has taken over my life!!! jaja

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I have been doing this blog for more than ten years and there are some wonderful photos if you look over many of the postings over these years. I enjoy my garden and the surrounding areas that I hike.

      Delete
  7. La nieve deja unas estampas maravillosas, para la fotografía es estupenda, aunque no sé si tanto para la vida diaria...
    Son todas preciosas, la primera me gusta en particular.
    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the snow makes for interesting "sculptures". I like that but I also agree that snow makes life more difficult for those of us who love to be outside!

      Delete
  8. We also had some snow on Saturday, but nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had enough of the snow. Now the weather station tells us more snow Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Enough already.

      Delete
  9. Una bella nevicata! Qui è mancata e questa estate ne pagheremo le conseguenze quando non avremo l'acqua :O

    Ti auguro una buona primavera :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. NO water! That would be a problem. Hope you do get rain when the growing season starts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Nice to see you on my post. I love to see pictures of snow covered landscapes and you have some beautiful captures here, and I also likedthe frost covered window.Your indoor plants are soooo beautiful.
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete