Monday, March 27, 2023

Autumn in Door County - along Lake Michigan

Lets take a run back to enjoy Door County from this past Autumn.  Nice day for hiking and wonderful views of Lake Michigan, autumn trees, Peninsula Park tower views, etc. Enjoy the warmth of the day and season.

Cana Island Lighthouse 
 

Door County Wisconsin is often referred to as the Cape Cod of the Midwest. It is a peninsula extending out into Lake Michigan with 300 miles of shoreline, 35 named islands, many lighthouses (11), nature preserves (18), county parks and rest stops, small towns from the 1800s, and dozens of art galleries and studios.  Beautiful, a tourist destination for many people from Chicago with so much to do and see. It is an economic engine with tourist and visitors spending more than 350 million ($350,000.000.00 ) tourist dollars there last year.

 


Peninsula Park Tower views 



 

Now let us look at just a couple of the many places that people go to visit.

This is only an “introduction” to so many places to visit in the county.

There are so many more!


Goats on the roof.

 Everyone makes this a stop while touring the county.

 

Revisiting with never before seen photos.

 

 

Washington Island Ferry


Cave Point

Everyone goes here every time they come to the county.




Extra one of Cave Point in the Winter.



Top of Mt.Baldy


Miles of roads and trails


Whitefish Dunes beach


Miles and miles of hiking trails.


It is Autumn, have to pick up wild apples.



Pumpkin time too!


Bay of Green Bay


Sunset driving home. 
All in one day of running around Door County.


Evening colors - BEAUTIFUL








 

 

31 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous area! Especially the beauty of the Lake M. fills me with awe every time.
    Thank you very much for your latest comment. In my most recent post, the comments are disabled because I have particularly busy and stressing days just now. I hope to visit you soon with more time at disposal.
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging I think can help reduce stress - all the flowers and beautiful places I get to visit makes me less stress.

      Delete
  2. Ein sehr schöner Rückblick auf den vergangenen Herbst. Mir gefallen die warmen Farben besonders gut. Ich wäre auch gern als Tourist am Lake Michigan. Es ist so schön dort.
    Gruß
    Anette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lots and lots of tourist here especially in the Summer. I do think you would like it!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! You have a great nature around you. Funny goats, and the fourth goat have a Norwegian flag :-)
    The sunset is very pretty. The trails seems endless with yellow colors. Autumn is a wonderful time, but now I long for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marit - ME TOO!!! Can not wait much longer for Spring, though they say on the weather we have more snow coming by the end of the week!!!

      Delete
  4. These scenes are spectacular. Even though I’m waiting to see new green leaves, those fall colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both are waiting to see new green leaves and the Spring flowers.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful lake, i love the waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful - and veery large. 65 miles from my home to the other side!

      Delete
  6. Nature in autumn dresses in beautiful shades of golds, yellows and browns. Gorgeous images. The sky was extraordinary in the last two photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I to enjoyed the last photos of the sunset. Everyday here is special. Every season has its own beauty.

      Delete
  7. Gran reportaje, me encantan las puestas de sol del otoño.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... gorgeous locations and photography. I have a cousin who lives in Door County. You've just convinced me I need to go visit and spend some time there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do come to visit. Door County is very special to all of us.
      There is much to enjoy especially if you love nature and art. Hope you can make it!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks. I always look forward to your comments. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  10. Gracias por compartir tanta belleza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I love it here and always try to share the good that lives so close to my gardens.

      Delete
  11. Thank you very much for visiting and leaving a comment.
    Your blog is wonderful and your photos are fantastic.
    I will enjoy visiting you and your blog.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back anytime. I love nature and try to show the beauty of it when I can. That is good for the spirit and soul.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. It is a pretty nice place, and lucky for me it is just up the road from my gardens. Glad you liked.

      Delete
  13. Hello :=) Spectacular scenery and photos. Door County Wisconsin has plenty to offer. Coastal beauty and the lovely country views of tree lined roads and trails are most alluring. I will never get the chance of visiting this part of the world, but from your description I know I would love it. You are fortunate to live so near to so much beauty and art appreciation. Your sunset photos are gorgeous.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you can appreciate it even from afar. It really is special place and I go there often, especially whenever guests visit. They love it too. Don't give up. Maybe you will surprise yourself and end up here one day!

      Delete
  14. Well worth a trip back to autumn/fall for those superb colours! Not forgetting the pumpkins and wild apples. We have had beautiful cherry blossom here, but, alas, the winds have nearly sent it on its way. Caroline Gill, Wild and Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have had you visit. Cherry Blossoms = WOW. we are no where near blossoms around here!! You are so lucky!

      Delete
  15. Wonderful. I am happy. What a nice walk with you... beautiful area... lovely natural spectacles... I love.
    Thank you for the takeaway.
    Many greetings and happy Palm Sunday wishes Viola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed the walk. It is a pretty place. Best wishes to you too for Easter Week.

      Delete