Wednesday, October 18, 2023

THE GARDEN DOOR


Recently visited an excellent little garden located at the University of Wisconsin Peninsula Agricultural Research Station in Door County Wisconsin. I encourage anyone visiting the area to take the time to check it out.  Got so many more ideas for my home garden. Really a little gem of a garden!



 

Fifteen different gardens

 

 


the pond



part of the catus garden






one of the sedum gardens


decorative tower of sedum



Recipient of Trip Advisor’s - - Certificate of Excellence

 

  

Check it out on one of many web sites. Here are a couple of them. 

The Garden Door,     

The Park Next Door,

Door County Master Gardeners Association

 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. The garden looks fantastic! It's strange to see cactus growing outside. I thought it would be too cold for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some native catus to this area. I will admit that the first time I found them as a young child I couldn't believe they were real - but they are. I have now put a couple in my garden here.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There were a. number of them in the garden, a sure sign that they liked what they found among the flowers.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the area. Good to know; thanks! The Sedum tower is nifty, and everything else looks healthy and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do stop to visit the garden if you get up this way. It is a nice well maintained garden by the Master Gardeners of the area. I like the place much.

      Delete
  4. Bonitas fotos del jardín, con mariposa incluida.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus, Thee were a number of butterflies in the garden. It is a well designed small area. I enjoyed my visit and am happy that you were able to join me.

      Delete
  5. Se ve todo muy bonito, y me encantan las mariposas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, Seems lots of people love the butterflies - ME TOO especially this late in the season! Happy you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete