Saturday, March 19, 2022

IN YOUR FACE !!!

In Your Face!!!

 

Me, me, me.  Look at me.  No, look at me.  Better yet, skip all those and look at me!  Walking through the Gardens at Waters East, one almost hears this constant refrain.  Every plant wants attention.  Every bloom is screaming – “I’m so beautiful just look at me!”  In many cases they are right.  Take a look at some of the beauties basking in the sun and calling to be the center of your attention. Checkout the detail of some of the garden residents.

 

All of these “portraits” were take here in the gardens.  Self centered though they may be, the flowers do make you stop and stare.  They seem to be doing “their thing” just for you.  So why not indulge them for a few moments while walking the paths.

 

Here then are photos for this posting

pause a moment - - - really slow down and pause a moment

see the detail

even if you only pick one or two of the photos - pause a moment

Enjoy



                                                    The focus of this posting is the - Hibiscus

I brought it inside this winter,

usually it is our on the patio. 

 

                                                                            Closer looks




                                                            After posting the above photos,

I thought I would add a couple more IN YOUR FACE photos

for your enjoyment!


                                                                        Daylily & Friend


                                                                                Milkweed


                                                                                    Poppy


                                                                            Trumpet Vine


NOTE:   Since this Blog is meant to be an accurate journal of the gardens;

no photos are “staged”, “arranged”, or  ”photo-shopped” in anyway.

What is posted – is what it here.  It is what it is.

 

  

44 comments:

  1. Hello again, I just noticed that you have posted another post of beautiful close up images of flowers that I also have in my garden, and there will be poppies in the fields before too long. What would we do without these beautiful coloured flowers.:=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life would be a little more drab without such colors.

      Delete
  2. I loved having a closer look at these beauties. They wouldn't have to scream very loudly to get my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree. Taking the time to really look at the blooms - fascinating.

      Delete
  3. A very interesting blog with a great variety of different photos.
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are a sight for tired eyes, for eyes tired of the dreariness of winter. So, so beautiful. I really love the poppy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poppy is stunning, and I have so many more in the garden - lots of colors.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I know the feeling. At certain times of year, it's so overwhelming--all the bright color and beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought these photos would give us all a feeling of hope for the soon to start Spring blooms.

      Delete
  6. Boa noite. Primeira vez no seu Blogger. Parabéns pelo seu trabalho. As flores são maravilhosas e lindas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. There is so much to see in the detail of plants. One could spend a day just looking at two or three - so much to see!

      Delete
  8. Bonito acercamiento a esas bellas flores.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you enjoyed your visit. Flowers can lift the heart!

      Delete
  9. Your flowers looks so beautiful! Yes, they all scream look at me! I know how it feels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they s seem - almost can "hear" the sound when walking through the gardens.

      Delete
  10. Fabulous close-ups, full of sunshine and joy!
    We still have lots of snow and are only dreaming of colours and flowers.
    Hibiscus is a wonderful genus.
    Thank you for your latest comment. I'm happy if you enjoyed the post. This time Google Translate didn't seem to work very well. For example, my favourite bird is the willow tit, not hummingbird, like the translation said. They are lovely but we don't have them in Finland. :)
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The close-ups do get us to concentrate on details we can often miss.

      Delete
  11. Such beautiful photos!
    Do you know, are the insects on the milkweed pod beneficial or harmful?
    I'm growing more milkweed this year. The local pollinating insects really go for it, especially honeybees. I planted "blood flower" milkweed seeds and common milkweed seeds that I saved and stratified. I hope they bloom this year but the common milkweed may need another year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They maybe harmful, that I do not know. I have lots of milkweed growing in the gardens because the migrating Monarchs come here to feed and they also lay their eggs on milkweed. The place is a Monarch feeding area.

      Delete
  12. Preciosas tus fotos, tengo un hibisco igual. Las fotografías también me gustan naturales, tal como las veo, sin retoques. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always keep my photos natural. I want the blog to be an actual record of what is growing in the gardens.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful photos of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A volte i dettagli si perdono nel giardino, è bene farceli ricordare :)

    Buona primavera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is good to see the details of the plants. So interesting I think!

      Delete
  15. Close-up do help us to see the details - and that is a good thing! Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful close up of nice flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The milkweed bugs look a bit like our firebugs. I saw them on milkweed on the highline in NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that is the same one on my photos. I don't know.

      Delete
  18. Wunderschöne Bilder. Die Käfer habe ich hier auch schon an meinen Pflanzen gesehen.
    Gruß Anette

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love hibiscus, however until I saw your close-ups, I never realized I was looking at a flower within a flower. There is always a lot more to what we think we see!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a wonderful garden with so much fabulous color!

    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do agree that there are so many colors. Right now, mostly still white! but the colors will come again soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like that grass hopper on the flower. Nature doing its work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the contrast in colors was a good photo to take, plus for sure the detail when close to the flower.

      Delete