Sunday, March 13, 2022

Tree Bark #2

Every time I get out onto the nature trails, I am fascinated by many things and lately that has been the various kinds of bark on the many different tree species along the way.  This posting will show a few more of the bark variation along the way.


The last posting on BARK was January 11, 2022.   You might like checking that one out if you have not already viewed it because it shows some detail on a number of different trees in the area.

 

Let's get started on the hike.

As you can see, the bark on this tree has been infected.

Close up of interesting bark.

The roots with bark covering.

Some of the trees are really tall.



Some have "decorations".

This one is dead, notice the holes.

Love the swirl of this one.

Damaged trunk

Tall

Tree that has died many years ago.

Lake Mendota, Madison Wisconsin





 




 

19 comments:

  1. It is nice to see the various kinds of bark. I love the swirl! The decorations are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many different barks here in the Lakeshore Nature Preserve.

      Delete
  2. I have more photos that I may publish in the future. As I said, bark fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Le cortecce raccontano molto degli alberi e della loro vita :)

    Un caro saluto :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bark tells so much that is true. I think of the years it has lived, the storms and droughts it has experience and even the insects - bark tell us lots!

      Delete
  4. I love a post like this. I am fascinated by the bark patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just for you, I will do more. I have many many photos of my hikes and the trees. along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun hike! Yes, we have so many great trails and scenes here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for sure - lots of great places to get out and hike!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos of the trees and the view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed. Lots of nice "stuff" around this part of the country!

      Delete
  8. coincidentally :) I too was looking at tree bark this afternoon. In particulair the smooth dusty Aspen bark. Are it's little round circles on the bark, forming the rougher bark as in very old trees, or are they lichen? Do you have Aspen in your forest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in the state of Wisconsin we have lots of Aspen, but not near my garden on Lake Michigan

      Delete
  9. I can not tell you if the circles on the trees you are talking about are lichen or not. I would have to look at them more closely. In the forest just north of me there are lots of Aspen, but I can not recall if there are any right here in this vicinity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tu entrada me parece interesante, me encanta fotografiar los troncos de los árboles. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aa you can see, I too love bark!!! There will be more as I hike other trails. Glad you enjoyed that posting.

      Delete
  11. I would love to be walking there!

    ReplyDelete